Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Tiny Potato Curry

This is the second version of this curry recipe I've made. Look at my post Spring Break to see the other one I made for my brother (with peas and mushrooms instead of corn and carrots). My fiancĂ© hates mushrooms and peas so I had to change it up and use what he likes. 

Ingredients:
1 lb of small potatoes, steamed
2 carrots, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped 
1 cup frozen corn
1 handful fresh basil
1.5 cups fresh spinach
2 cups cherry tomatoes
1/3 cup cashews (soaked for 10min in 1/3 cup water)
1/2tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp red curry paste
1tbs tomato paste
1/2 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp graham masala
1 can coconut milk
1 tbs coconut oil
1 cup basmati rice (uncooked)

Directions:
1.Cook rice according to directions. Start steaming the potatoes.
2.Heat oil and cumin over medium/ med high heat.  
3.Add in onions and cook until translucent. 
4.Add in cashews (in water) and carrots. Add tomato paste and all spices. Stir in potatoes and evenly coat with the spices. 5.Cook for another 3-5 minutes before adding the coconut milk and frozen corn. Summer until thick. 
6. Serve over rice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment