Eggplant Meat Balls
Ingredients: 1 organic eggplant
1 flax egg (1 tbs flaxseed meal mixed with 3 tbs warm water)
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1/4 cup vegan parm or mozzarella cheese (optional)
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp dried parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400. Poke the eggplant with multiple holes using a fork. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the eggplant is soft.
2. Mix the flaxseed egg and allow it to sit for at least 10 minutes. Combine all dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
3. When the eggplant is fully baked, allow it to cool before cutting in half and scooping out the middle.
4. Using hands, mix the eggplant and the dry ingredients evenly. Add in the flax egg.
5. Roll the eggplant mixture into small balls. Cook all sides in a frying pan in 2-3 tbs coconut oil over med/ high heat.
6. Serve over pasta or in your favorite sauces alone or on a sandwich.