Ingredients for cheese sauce:
- 1 cup almond milk
- 6 tbs nutritional yeast
- 1 tbs earth balance vegan butter
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small saucepan. Turn stovetop to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
Ingredients for horseshoe:
- 5 sweet potatoes, cut into fries
- 4 pieces of bread, toasted
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 small eggplant, cubed
- 1 8oz package of mushrooms, sliced
- Vegan cheese sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400. Spray a large cookie sheet with non stick spray. Add salt and pepper to fries. Bake fries for 45-50 minutes, stirring once after 20 minutes.
- Sauté mushrooms, eggplant, and squash in 2 tbs coconut oil on medium/high heat until soft- 20-30 minutes.
- Prepare your horseshoe by placing 1 slice of bread on the bottom of a plate or shallow bowl. Top the bread generously with the sautéed veggies, fries, cheese sauce, and green onion (in that order).
I also made ketchup to go along. Best horseshoe I've ever had.