Saturday, July 27, 2013

Zuccini Pasta Parmesan

Gluten free zucchini parmesan I made for my baby brother! This served 2 people, BUT I had 2 modest servings and chris had 3 large helpings.  He ate it all up! So I guess this serves 3-5 normal people. ;) CHRIS.

Here is what you will need--
  • 3-4 organic zucchini (if they aren't organic, better peel them first.... but I didn't)
  • 3 tb melted coconut oil
  • 1 cup gluten free bread crumbs ( I used Enery-G brand). You could also use corn flakes.
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tb Italian seasonings
  • 1/2 tsp salt and pepper 
  • 1/2 cup vegan mozzarella cheese shreds (I used Daiya)
  • 1tb vegan parmesan cheese (I used Galaxy)
  • 25 oz red pasta sauce of your choice. Or you can use my recipe :)

  1. Preheat oven to 400.
  2. Use a julienne peeler to create your "noodles". I promise it does not take as long as it appears to. any extra pieces that were too small to use for noodles I just chopped up and added in.
  3. Coat noodles with coconut oil in a glass baking dish and bake for 10 minutes.
  4. Combine bread crumbs, garlic powder, italian seasonings, 1/2 cup of the cheese shreds, and all of the parmesan. 
  5. After 10 minutes, add 1/2 of the pasta sauce to the noodles. Spread the bread crumb mixture evenly on top of the noddles. Top with remaining sauce and cheese. 
  6. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes. Don't bake too long or the noodles will get mushy!!




Hehe.... yes I did that!



Did my last tri of the year today! Yikes.... back to work SOON. Summer is never long enough.

-Em

No comments:

Post a Comment