Topped them off with some sunflower seeds too! :) Modified from voracious omnivore
Brought these to my morning run group. No one will know there is quinoa in there I promise. They didn't 'til I told 'em! 0:)
Vegan Sweet Potato & Quinoa Muffins
- 1 & 1/4 cups wheat flour
- 2/3 cups brown sugar
- 1 ts cinnamon
- 1 ts baking powder
- 1 ts salt
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (optional- I used cranberries)
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 sweet potato, cooked & mashed (skin discarded)
- 5 tb coconut oil (melted)
- 2 ts vanilla extract
- 1 tb canola oil
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tb wheat flour
- 1/2 ts cinnamon
- 2 tb Coconut oil spread, melted
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine quinoa, almond milk, sweet potato, coconut oil, and vanilla in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- And the dry ingredients and continue to blend.
- Pour into a greased cupcake pan--- I filled them 3/4 full but then went back and had enough to fill them near the top. The muffins don't rise much, so it wasn't a problem.
- stir together the toppings and top each muffin with 1 tb.
- Bake at 425 for about 25 minutes. Don't forget to check with a toothpick!
Makes 12 muffins.
Let me know how that works out for ya!