Gluten free zucchini parmesan I made for my baby brother! This served 2 people, BUT I had 2 modest servings and chris had 3 large helpings. He ate it all up! So I guess this serves 3-5 normal people. ;) CHRIS.
Here is what you will need--
- 3-4 organic zucchini (if they aren't organic, better peel them first.... but I didn't)
- 3 tb melted coconut oil
- 1 cup gluten free bread crumbs ( I used Enery-G brand). You could also use corn flakes.
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tb Italian seasonings
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup vegan mozzarella cheese shreds (I used Daiya)
- 1tb vegan parmesan cheese (I used Galaxy)
- 25 oz red pasta sauce of your choice. Or you can use my recipe :)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Use a julienne peeler to create your "noodles". I promise it does not take as long as it appears to. any extra pieces that were too small to use for noodles I just chopped up and added in.
- Coat noodles with coconut oil in a glass baking dish and bake for 10 minutes.
- Combine bread crumbs, garlic powder, italian seasonings, 1/2 cup of the cheese shreds, and all of the parmesan.
- After 10 minutes, add 1/2 of the pasta sauce to the noodles. Spread the bread crumb mixture evenly on top of the noddles. Top with remaining sauce and cheese.
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes. Don't bake too long or the noodles will get mushy!!
Hehe.... yes I did that!
Did my last tri of the year today! Yikes.... back to work SOON. Summer is never long enough.