Here is your recipe for .....
Eggplant Burgers And Balsamic Glazed Onions
- 1 eggplant
- egg replacer for 1 egg
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup flour*
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped.
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 Pretzel burger buns (my personal favorite anyway).
- Lettuce, Tomato, fresh parsley for garnish ( all optional)
Balsamic Glazed Onions
- 1 yellow or white onion, sliced
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger (optional)
- Preheat Oven to 400. Poke a few holes in the eggplant and bake it for 45-50 minutes.
- While the eggplant is baking, prep your other ingredients and begin to make your balsamic glazed onions.
- For the glazed onions: Saute the onion and garlic in 2 tbs of coconut oil over medium/ high heat for about 5 minutes. Whisk together the balsamic and brown sugar.
- Stir in the balsamic mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and keep covered for at least 30-40 minutes or until the balsamic onion mixture has thickened. Set aside.
- Once the eggplant has been baked and cooled, cut it in half and scoop out the flesh of the eggplant.
- Combine the eggplant with all remaining ingredients into a food processor. Blend thoroughly. * Add more flour if needed.
- Pour eggplant batter into a skillet and cook each side until golden brown (I used about a 1/2 cup of batter for each eggplant burger).
- Serve on a pretzel bun and top with balsamic glazed onions and any additional garnish!
I will have to make this one again soon. :) It would be perfect for July 4th, eh??
One day later......
.... at Food Fantasies I saw THIS. Someone stole MY idea!! :P
In other news... remember how I was laid off from my teaching job? Well I got an offer at another school :-) Thinking on it at the moment but I am sure I will have news about that one soon!!