Alexis was home visiting from Chicago this week so she and Amber both came for dinner. I've been gone so much that catching up on laundry, mowing, and other household chores has taken up my free time. I needed something easy and quick...... pasta! I did some brown rice noodles with a creamy basil pesto sauce. It was so delish!
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 6 gloves garlic (mine were small)
- 1tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, or to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Serve over your noodles of choice. I also sauteed some red pepper, onion, and olives to add in.
The sauce was pretty thick. I would suggest adding another 2-4 tbs of olive oil if you prefer it thinner.
Entering my last week of school. Going to be a long week--- but at the same time I don't want it to end!! Still keeping my fingers crossed for another job opportunity! :)
Hanging in there,