On the other hand, 2 co-workers of mine have approached ME about wanted to go vegan. I gave them my resources and they are on board! Ah see, the power of eating your salad in silence :) One of them, Tiffany, is a 3rd grade teacher and is an avid runner like me. The other one, Justin, is our school librarian.
Amber is still a once a week vegan. :) And I am still getting my bi-weekly free facials. Last week Amber wanted a vegan panang curry and this is what I came up with!
Vegan Panang Curry with Tofu
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 2 tbs chopped garlic
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 tbs red curry paste
- 2 cans coconut milk (I used light but by mistake. I think it would have been better with regular)
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbs lime juice
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1 cup chopped white mushrooms
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 tbs basil
- 8oz cubed extra firm tofu
- 1 small broccoli head, chopped
- 1 jalepeno, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- In a large pan, heat the oil, garlic, and ginger on medium- high heat. Add in the curry paste, basil, and onion and saute for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in coconut milk, maple syrup, soy sauce, and lime juice.
- Add the veggies and tofu and cook until the vegetables are soft.
- Top with cashews.
I served this with Jasmine rice and it was perfect!
Hope you enjoyed this one. I am off to Denver for a week to visit my brothers. When I get home it will be spring, right? I can dream.