|Emilies and I reunited at the RnR expo|
|Emilies and I after the Race. Emily ZK got second overall with a time of 2:55. Amazing!|
While I havent had the time of day to cook a good meal for myself, I've still managed to throw a few things together for friends. One thing I love about the fall is that soup actually sounds so GOOD. I made this awesome butternut squash and apple soup for my friend Dora.
Here is what I did to make the soup:
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 rib of celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, celery, and carrot and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add the squash, apple, and broth. bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat. Simmer for until the squash and carrots are soft (about 30 minutes).
- Puree in a blender and return to the pot. add the spices and you are done!
Hope you enjoy!