Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My Apologies!

I know, I've been a bad blogger! Not much has changed since my last post! I'm still crazy busy... training for those two marathons, working, and coaching after school.  
Miki and Abigail, one of my swimmers. I try to keep him busy like me.

A few weeks ago my parents had a "family" cookout. Our family, being so small, considers friends family :) Brother Dan came home so it was great to see him. Miki was reunited from his fan club from Colorado too! Everyone loved him when we were there.


Miki with some family friends

I made a vegan broccoli salad and seasoned sweet potato fries. The broccoli salad was a hit... and who doesn't just love sweet potato fries? My brother made this bomb mango and avocado & corn salsa. I need to get the recipe so I can share it with you. 


For the Broccoli Salad:

Ingredients:

  • 2 heads fresh broccoli, chopped
  • 1 red onion, diced
  • 3/4 cup raisins
  • 3/4 cup sunflower seeds
  • 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
  • 3 tablespoons agave nectar. (You could also use regular sugar).
Directions:
  1. Place the vegan bacon in a skillet and cook over medium-high heat until brown. Allow the bacon to cool on a plate.
  2. Combine the broccoli, onion, cooked bacon, raisins, and sunflower seeds in a large bowl.
  3. In a small bowl,  make the dressing by stirring together the vegenaise, cider vinegar, and agave nectar until smooth. Add the dressing to the large bowl and ta-da!


The cooler weather has been amazing. I got my last 20 miler in on Saturday with Emily B and now I can taper for the next three weeks :). On Saturday we will head down to St. Louis to meet up with the rest of the Michelob Ultra team and to run the half course for the marathon we are pacing! Should be fun :) You may not hear from me again until after Marathon #1 in Chi. Be thinking of me. Hoping to PR by a LOT =)
-Em

No comments:

Post a Comment