Saturday, September 1, 2012

Busy, SO busy!

Being back at school in addition to coaching and training for these marathons has had me super busy! I've had to adjust to having literally NO time to prepare meals. I've been making sandwiches and wraps, like the tomato basil avocado wrap (not even grilled) and the BBQ cranberry chickpea wrap from my last post, ahead of time so that I can grab them on my way out the door to coach in the evenings :) Another easy sandwich recipe I like is a mock tuna salad recipe I modified from That "Vegan" Shit. Here is my version of the recipe!

Ingredients:

  • 1 (15 oz) can of chickpeas
  • 1/3 cup vegan mayo (I used Vegenaise) 
  • 1/3 cup diced celery
  • 2 T fresh dill
  • 1 T Nutritional Yeast
  • 1 T Soy sauce pr Bragg's amino acids 
  • 1/4 cup diced yellow or red onion
  • Salt and pepper to taste


Method:
Drain and rinse the chickpeas and mash in a medium bowl with a fork or a potato masher. Combine all the ingredients in the bowl. Serve with lettuce and tomato as a wrap, sandwich, or as a salad!


Hope you enjoy this one :)
-Em

2 comments:

  1. Preparing meals is THEE biggest hindrance standing between myself and healthy eating. It's very frustrating because I feel like, working in a health foods store I should have ALL the tools available to complete such a seemingly-simple task. But I always seem to fall short! Hmpf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I've nominated you for the Sunshine Award. Enjoy! You can find more about it here: http://flexitarianfilly.wordpress.com/
    Blessings! ~Susie

    ReplyDelete