Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Triathlete to Teacher



Me and Patty with our award hardware after the race.
Potties make a for a good background, lol.
I did my last triathlon of the year here in Springfield. This one was an olympic distance (there was also a sprint option) called the "Iron Abe". I had good times in each leg and placed first in my age group, BUT it did not feel good at all! I guess that's what I get for taking a two week vacation :) I could do another triathlon this weekend, but I'm just really in a different mindset. I've had my fun, and I'm ready to get back to work! I can't believe I am saying that... wow! I also have 2 marathons in the fall so I can focus on those. I've been training a lot with my other friend Emily B. She and I will be leading a pace group the St Louis Rock n Roll Marathon for Michelob Ultra. 

I had one of my co-workers over for dinner this week to talk art and get ready for the upcoming year.... which starts NEXT week! She brought over some vegan Chardonnay and I made these super easy BBQ cranberry chickpea wraps. Honestly, probably the easiest dinner I've ever made.... and very tasty!! 
This recipe came from one babble.com, and so did the picture. I forgot to take one!


BBQ Cranberry Chickpea Wrap
Ingredients:
2 whole wheat flour tortillas
1 15oz can chickpeas, drained
3/4 cup your favorite BBQ sauce1/2 cup sweet onion, diced1 tomato, diced4 Tbsp vegan mayo (I used grape seed Veganaise)3 Tbsp whole berry cranberry sauce (I used canned)


Method:
1. Add the chickpeas and BBQ sauce to a medium saucepan and simmer on your stove top for 15 minutes. 
2. While the chickpeas are heating, dice the veggies. 
3. Start assembling your wraps. Add 2 Tbsp of vegan mayo (Vegenaise) and 1 1/2 Tbsp of cranberry sauce to each wrap. Spread evenly. Add in 2-4 heaping scoops of the warm BBQ chickpeas. Top with a palmful of onions and tomato. We also added fresh spinach to ours.
Chickpeas are such a versatile ingredient... I just love them! I just made a mock tuna salad with them... I'll have to post the recipe in my next entry because it turned out bomb! 
-Em

No comments:

Post a Comment