Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Veg Food & in the Mountains

I hope you are ready for multiple landscape and food photos from my trip to Colorado! =)
Ryan and I having dinner for my 27th birthday.
I finally made it out to Denver to visit my brother, Ryan. I LOVE Denver. The first place we went to was a little cafe near his school (he had a meeting), The University of Colorado Denver in Aurora. Seeing half the menu items labeled "vegan" or "gluten free" was a breath of fresh air! Later we went to whole foods and picked up some stuff to make dinner- then to get beer of course. Hmmm what's that gonna turn into?

Super Easy Eggplant Pizza's For Two

Ingredients:
  • 1 medium Eggplant 
  • Pizza Sauce
  • 1 cup vegan cheese (we used daiya)
  • Your choice of sliced vegetable toppings (we used 1 small roma tomato and a handful of mushrooms).
  • 1tbs dried basil
Method:
  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
  2. Slice the eggplant into 1/2" thick slices and arrange on a greased baking tray. Spread 1-2 tbs pizza sauce onto each slice of eggplant. Add your vegetable toppings and basil. Pop those mini pizzas into the oven for 25-30 minutes. 
  3. When the Eggplant slices appear to be cooked through, remove them from the oven. 
  4. Turn the oven to broil. Add the vegan cheese to each mini pizza and put back in the oven until the cheese has melted (about 2 minutes).
We enjoyed our pizzas with a little side salad. This was super easy and fun to cook with my brother. 


The next day my brother took me out to City O City for a birthday dinner. They had lot's of yummy vegan items on their menu as well!
Vegan Mac n Cheese at City O City

Grilled Tofu at City O City

 I got to meet some of my brothers friends and hang with him and my friend Laurie (who I went to college with) for a few more days. For the remainder of my trip I went to Breckenridge to spend some time with family. My mom, dad, brother chris, and even Miki came along for the fun. Here are some pictures from the rest of my trip!

Mountain biking in Breckenridge with Laurie


Boating with fam and friends on Lake Dillon, CO

On a hike, looking at Gray's and Torrey's Peak. Dog's came on this hike. Miki did well!

Hiking up Mount Quandry with Laurie- this was a 14,000ft climb!

Miki has been doing so much sleeping since we arrived home! What a busy couple of weeks for him :)
 I already miss the mountains. And my brother. Maybe I will move to Colorado soon. :) 
-Em

No comments:

Post a Comment