Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Seriously Cool

If you're feeling the effects of this heat, try cooling down and re-hydrating with a frozen watermelon drink. It's seriously so easy! I like to drink mine in this sweet little wine glass my friend Emily gave me :) There actually isn't any alcohol in there.... But maybe there should be?

Watermelon Slush

Ingredients:
2 cups frozen watermelon
1 cup water or coconut water*
2 tablespoons date syrup or agave nectar*


Optional Extras:
1/2 frozen banana
1/4 cup berries
1/4 cup chopped cucumber
1 tbs chia seeds
1 tbs hemp seeds
1 tbs flax seeds


Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. See... easy.


*You may need more or less water (I use coconut water). 


Training is in full swing! I'll need to crank out some serious miles in the next couple weeks to get ready for Racine 70.3. I've also booked my flight to visit my brother Ryan in Denver immediately after. I cannot wait. I haven't seen that kid since Christmas!


Hope you all are having a good week!
-Em

No comments:

Post a Comment