Monday, June 11, 2012

Century and the Winery

There is so much I want to talk about, but it's also probably much more than you all would like to hear about. I'll try not to ramble and do most of it through pictures :)


I rode my first century for the American Diabetes Association this weekend! Thanks to my generous sponsors I was able to raise over $400, in the past week! The group I rode with went pretty strong and I ended up with an 18mph average for the entire 109 miles I ended with. Phew.



My brother Dan came home for a surprise visit! He dragged me out on the lake after my century... and I dragged my dog. =) 




Alexis and I had a "Sunday Funday" at the Hill Prairie Winery. Here we are playing in a field of grapes. :P




 I made hummus again this weekend  for my brother to take home with him, and what was left of it went to the winery with me. We paired it with some Amy's pita chips, and along with the wine it sure didn't last  long. Here is the recipe. The main ingredients are the same as my Sweet Potato Hummus but I did change the measurements a little.




Spinach & Artichoke Hummus

Ingredients: 
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 tbs tahini
2 tbs lemon juice
2 cloves garlic
2 tbs olive oil
1/2 can (about 7oz) artichoke hearts

2 cups fresh spinach
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cumin
 warm water *



Method:
1. Combine all the ingredients, except the spinach and water, in a food processor. Blend until the mixture is smooth.
2. Add the spinach to the food processor and continue to blend. 



*If the hummus is too thick for your liking add warm water 1 tbs at a time and blend until smooth. 




I'm on a hummus roll. What kind should I make next weekend? Roasted red pepper perhaps? :)
-Em

No comments:

Post a Comment