Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sunday Funday =)

Sunday Funday consisted of masters swimming, a photo shoot with Tony at CrossFit Instinct, Marvel's the Avengers in 3D with Jeff, food & wine at Cafe Andiamo, and me pulling out a 6 year old's tooth. I know, big day.


My friend Sarah's daughter, Mari.
Me and Mari's matching shoes. She is 6.. I am 26. 
Veggie plate Tony made me again at Cafe Andiamo
After Hours at Cafe Andiamo with good friends.. and Mari taking the picture.  

Like I said... Mari taking the picture!

Video of me pulling out Mari's wiggly tooth. I love her reaction! She is adorable! :)


It was a very busy/fun Sunday. I also made this Date Syrup. Perfect to use in place of maple syrup, agave nectar, honey, or any sugar (which I have been cutting back on). I like it in my coffee! This recipe was modified from ZOMT Bakes. I modified this recipe to make it sweeter and more syrup-y. 
Get in my coffee!
Tastes pretty sweet!
Date Syrup
Ingredients:
  • 15 pitted dates
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 tbs lemon juice
Medhod:
  1. Soak dates in 1/2 cup water over night. 
  2. combine soaked dates and water with remaining 1/2 cup water, and lemon juice.
  3. Blend in a blender until smooth.
  4. Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Mine is gone in about a week! Love this!

Hope you all had a great week and weekend. I had a GREAT week and weekend. I never thought I could learn so much about myself in a matter of days. I may elaborate more in my next post so stay tuned for that and the yummy food I made for Cinco de Mayo yesterday!
-Em

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to try to date syrup! Had a fun time this weekend with you! It was good to catch up!

    ReplyDelete