Monday, May 21, 2012

Rediculous Time

What a fun, but very FAST weekend! Friday Lexi and I went to a little girly get-together hosted by our mutual friend Lindsay. Lindsay made all vegan appetizers (so sweet) and served some yummy wine! I didn't get pics of all the food because I got too excited and started piggin'. Lindsay made Spring Rolls (my fav), A Greek type sandwich, and baked "mozzarella" stuffed tomatoes. She also made a vegan chocolate cake! 



Saturday Lexi and I checked out the Old Capitol Art Fair downtown and hit up the Illinois wine festival!! I love wine :) And art. 
I got this print to go in my bathroom. What do ya think?




We also hit up the Brewhaus Bar for some of my favorite beer and the Holy Land Diner for some vegan falafel... what a perfect day.



Sunday I was up early to make the drive to Rock Island, IL. My middle brother, Daniel graduated from Augustana College! I am SO very proud of him! 

We went out to lunch after the morning ceremony and the chef whipped up this yummy salad with avocados, roasted beets, and a balsamic dressing. Yum YUM! I love when restaurants get the whole vegan thing!



One bad thing about the weekend. I suffered some severe poison ivy. It's pretty funny NOW that's its getting better because I definitely got it from peeing in the woods..... during the middle of a run. I've always said "when ya gotta go ya gotta go"... but now I'm not so sure about that excuse! Needless to say, I'm on Prednisone for 2 weeks.... and I hate it. It makes me super hyper... I already ran, worked all day, swam, coached swimming all night, and I still feel like running a marathon. Do people sleep on this stuff? Ugh.


It's the last week of school and then memorial day weekend... and then FREEDOM!! This week and weekend is going to be ridiculous. By ridiculous I mean busy, stressful, fun, happy, and maybe a little sad (saying goodbye to my 4th graders). 


But I can't wait to have some of that thing called "free time" again. I forget what it's like! Take Care!
-Em


No comments:

Post a Comment