Sunday, April 29, 2012

I Should Be Fat....

Sweet potato chips I made a couple weeks ago. So yummy with ketchup...
But I know... I need to get rid of that ketchup.
Paleo/vegan meal new friend Tony made for me at Cafe Andiamo.
He is also a fan of sweet potato chips! :)
Black bean brownies I made for my students last week. I liked them a lot.
Vegetarian/vegan Buffet at the Holy Land Diner (facebook page).
My new Nike-pro running shorts that have nothing to do with me being a fat kid.
My bike trainer/iPad set up that has everything to do with me having ADD.

Those sweet potato chips were SO easy to make and delicious. The ones Tony made in the photo above had a little cinnamon on them. They were so good I didn't want to put ketchup on them! Next time I will try adding a touch of cinnamon to mine. Here is the recipe:



Ingredients:
·         2 medium sweet potatoes
·         ½ tsp salt
·         ½ tsp course pepper
·         ½ tbs coconut oil, melted

Directions:
  1. 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. Thinly slice sweet potatoes. In a large bowl, toss the sweet potato slices with the coconut oil, salt, and pepper.
  2.  On two baking sheets, arrange sweet potatoes in a single layer. Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until the edges of the potatoes have browned. Transfer to a wire rack; chips will crisp up as they cool.




The black bean brownie recipe came from Happy Herbivore. I followed the recipe exactly and did not use the raw sugar. I learned that you have to train your pallet to love low-sugar foods. I loved to brownies... but I rarely eat sugar. My students on the other hand.... well they loved the chocolate soy milk I brought in to accompany the brownies :) Some of them did like the brownies too! It's good to expose them to new things.


Rainy weather is here and I'm guessing that means riding the bike trainer. Hopefully not too much or I will go insane. Or just go to CrossFit instead. Have a fab week my friends!
-Em

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could email me?
    David

    ReplyDelete