Eggplant & Almond Pizza
- 2 large eggplants, shredded
- Egg replacer for 2 eggs ( I used Ener-G-Egg replacer)
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese (I use Daiya)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1tsp dried basil
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1tbs coconut oil
- tomato sauce
- 1tbs coconut oil
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 8oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 small tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup vegan cheese (I used Daiya)
- Preheat oven to 450
- In a large bowl toss the eggplant shreds with the salt while you prepare the other ingredients. This will help draw out some moisture.
- Squeeze out as much moisture as you can from the eggplant by pressing into a bowl and carefully draining into the sink.
- Combine the drained eggplant shreds with the egg replacer, almond flour, cheese, flax seeds, basil, baking powder, and coconut oil.
- Grease a baking pan and press the eggplant mixture so it lines the entire pan or until it is about 1/4" thick. *
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the bottom has begun to brown.
- While the crust is baking, saute the toppings In a large frying pan. First melt the coconut oil over medium heat. Saute the onion and green pepper for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, mushrooms, and tomato and continue to saute until all the ingredients are softened, but not entirely cooked.
- After the crust is cooked, add the sauce, toppings, and the vegan cheese. Return to the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- And... DONE :)
I will have to make this again! My family... a bunch of non-vegans loved this pizza! Even my brother, Chris, who I refer to as the "vegan hater" inhaled a couple pieces.
Hope you all had a fab weekend! Yesterday was the Petersburg spring triathlon! I will have an update soon, but it went better than expected! :) I think I'm still high on endorphins.... love that.