Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I love my Bike(s)

It's spring break... which is really only a taste of what summer will be like! Not only has the weather been "summer" like (yes... I already have a farmer tan in the works), but I've been able to spend time with some people who are very dear to me, relax, cook, and FINALLY get back on my bike. It feel's good and it probably sounds silly to anyone who isn't into triathlons... but adding cycling back into my life just makes me feel balanced.  Today was my 4th time on the bike and so far for the year I am at 106 miles... which kinda makes me laugh. :) It's all good... I'll get back into the swing of things.

Bicycle LOVE


Aren't my bikes cute? I just love them both so much. Anyway... on to food!


 "Being vegan do you ever miss anything? Ice cream? Cheese? Straight up garbage??" I get this question pretty regularly and the answer is, Nope- I don't miss any of it... and that's the honest truth. Besides this grilled avocado sandwich will kick a grilled cheese sandwich's ass any day. 


Grilled Tomato Basil Avocado Wrap









Ingredients:

  • 1/2 avocado
  • 1/2 roma tomato, sliced
  • 1 slice of vegan cheese (optional)
  • 1 tortilla
  • a pinch of basil
  • salt and pepper to taste
Method:
  1. Using a fork, mash the avocado. Mix in the basil, salt, and pepper.
  2. Place the avocado mixture in the center of the tortilla. Place the tomato slices and vegan cheese on top.
  3. Wrap that baby up and throw it on the panini grill...or whatever you would typically use to cook a grilled cheese :) 

Hope you are all enjoying this perfect weather yourselves!
-Em

3 comments:

  1. I used to have trouble riding in the winter as well - but then I got a folding bike. I think it's great for commuting, because I can usually ride in in the morning (even in winter) but sometimes by the end of the day, the streets are just too much of a mess, but I can just take the bike on the bus with me to get home. I think it's the major reason I was able to keep my miles up this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of those before but never known anyone who had one- nifty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your wrap recipe on VegWeb and had to come visit your blog. The recipe is SO good and so simple. Just needed to say thanks!

    ReplyDelete