Friday, March 2, 2012

Chocolate Banana Hemp Pudding Heaven

This took me 5 minutes to make! I'm pretty sure you should try some....





This was amazing on my taste buds. Talk about a healthy alternative to a traditional pudding. This worked out as a great post-swim snack for me today. Did I mention this is vegan AND paleo? 

Ingredients:
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 1tbs organic hemp protein*
  • 1 tbs cocoa powder
  • 1 tbs nut butter (I used almond butter)
  • 1/2 tbs unsweetened dairy alternative ( I use almond milk)
  • 1tbs vegan semi sweet chocolate chips (optional)
Method:
  1. in a small bowl mash the banana with a fork. Add the hemp protein and cocoa powder stirring in between each.
  2. Stir in the almond milk and the nut butter.
  3. Add the chocolate chips and ta-da! 
*I get my hemp protein at food fantasies. I have it on a daily basis in my breakfast smoothie. Here are some reasons why I think you should dump whatever other powdered protein garbage you are currently using and try hemp:

  • Hemp cleanses the liver by burning fat.

  • Organic hemp is environmentally friendly since it is grown without pesticides and herbicides. That is of course, also better for your health. 

  • Organic hemp protein powder is a whole food. It has the optimal balance of the Omega 3 and Omega 6 Essential Fatty Acids. It is also very rich in fiber, complete protein and branch chain amino acids. 

  • Hemp protein is better then whey (well, duh!) or any other protein available. This is especially true for active people who do high intensity training (like cross fit), endurance athletes (such as myself) or bodybuilders. Hemp protein is absorbed faster than any other protein and 15g of organic hemp protein powder is more anabolic than 50g whey, since 2/3 of it is made up of Edestrin - a plant protein only found in Hemp similar to protein found in the human body. This makes it perfect for DNA and cellular growth. It also makes it super easy to digest (so you wont be tootin' like you would from consuming whey).

  • Organic hemp protein powder actually helps to protect you against chronic diseases. It is one of the few food sources which contains GLA! Do not let the high amount of fat scare you away. It is the good fat - you need that for your skin, hair, eyes, nails - and cells in general. 

  • Organic hemp protein powder has a delicious nutty flavour, so no artificial sweetener is needed and it does not contain any preservatives.

Hope you enjoyed my little rave about why I love hemp. That's all for now :)
-Em

No comments:

Post a Comment