Ah. cooking with Miki, wine in hand. There aren't many things I would rather do on a random week night....
In fact, I think you should try it. Because... just look at what happens when you do:
Umm... can I get a "YUM". :)
This is a super easy, yummy, and light week night meal.
Sweet Potato and Kale Curry
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 7 cups fresh kale leaves (a lot goes a little way, ya know)
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or other milk substitute (if you want a thicker creamy curry use 1 can of full-fat coconut milk)
- 1 tbs onion powder
- 2- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/2tbs curry powder
- 1/2tbs curry paste (I used green curry paste)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat in a frying pan. Add the garlic, onion powder, ginger, curry, salt, and pepper. Fry for a couple minutes until the spices are softened and fragrant. Slowly add the milk and the sweet potato cubes. Cook for about 5-7 minutes or until potatoes are soft, but not mushy!
- Add the bell pepper and saute for another 5 minutes, or until the peppers have softened. If you need to, add more milk.
- Reduce heat. Add the Kale leaves and cover until the leaves have wilted. Uncover and stir, mixing the kale into the potatoes and pepper.
- Serve over jasmine rice or just as is....and TA-DA! You are now a Thai chef...sorta :)
Stay tuned this week for more training updates and some desserts!! My knee is feeling so much better, yippee!