Drinking wine and cooking vegan pizza with Miki. I can't imagine a better way to spend an evening in Springfield.
- 3/4 cups dry quinoa
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 c vegan cheese*
- Coconut oil or cooking spray*
- Pizza sauce*
- 2 cups fresh kale leaves
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup vegan mozzarella cheese
- You first have to soak the quinoa for 8 hours. Place it in a bowl and fill the bowl with enough water to cover all the grains. Set out on your counter and cover with plastic wrap
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a small baking tray with 1 tbs coconut oil.
- Thoroughly rinse and drain the quinoa and transfer it to your food processor. Add the water , baking powder, vegan cheese, and seasonings, and olive oil and pulse until the mixture is smooth (almost like a pancake batter).
- Pour the quinoa batter into the pan. Spread it out evenly with a spatula and cook 10 minutes. Remove it from the oven and if it doesn't look cooked, as in the dough is not crispy and starting to brown, flip it over and cook for another 5 - 10 minutes.
- While the crust is cooking, saute your veggie toppings in 1 tbs coconut oil for about 10 minutes. Start with the onion and pepper, then slowly add mushrooms and kale.
- Once your crust is cooked, spread the pizza sauce evenly followed by the rest of your vegan cheese, and veggies. I did use all of the cheese considering this pizza is fairly small.
- Reduce the oven temp. 350 degrees and bake the pizza for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Slice it up and TA-DA! This pizza was one of the best I have ever had.
Quinoa crust batter
I had extra kale so I decided to make Kale chips. To be honest, I didn't like them at all so they went to the dog :P He ate them up.
Miki loves his Kale- hahaha!!
I do have some other (somewhat) Paleo Vegan recipes I plan on posting soon! =) If anyone decides to try this let me know how you like it!