Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Coco-nuts.... Ha!

Giving my knee another day of rest.... seriously what a pain. Decided to use my time to satisfy my craving for....






Straight up chocolate. And coconut. And peanut butter.
And yes, they are balls.


 I used **no sugar or sweetener** in this recipe, score.


Ingredients
1c unsweetened vegan chocolate chips
3tbs nut butter (I used peanut butter)
1/4c oats
1/4c milk substitute (I used almond milk)
1/2 banana, mashed
1c shredded unsweetened coconut


Method
  1. Melt the all the ingredients except the coconut in a small pot over medium heat for 5-7 minutes stirring every minute or so.
  2. cover a large plate with parchment paper and use a 1/2 tablespoon to scoop out the mixture in separate "blobs" onto the plate (you will end up with 12-14) Let the chocolate "blobs" cool for 10 minutes. 
  3. Fill a bowl with 1 cup shredded coconut.
  4.  Place the chocolates one by one into the coconut (they should still be fairly soft). Roll into a ball and repeat until the ball seems pretty solid. Place back on the plate to cool. Do this with all the chocolate "blobs". 
Pretty easy huh?!? 




Here is to rest days (I often forget those are part of training too) and a little bit of chocolate once in a while :)

1 comment:

  1. Yumm! I tagged you in my post tonight. Check it out!
    http://amy-healthyblogger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete