Thursday, February 9, 2012

About this girl :)

received a "get to know you" blog award from an old swimming buddy Amy. She has been blogging about running and getting back into shape as well as motivating others to do the same. Maybe she will pick up racing in the future!

So with this blog award I am supposed to tell you 7 random facts about me. I will try to keep it interesting since most of you who follow me know the basics already :)

 Seven Random Facts About Me. 

1.  I have been a coffee drinker since the age of 11. Maybe that's why I'm short.

2.   I used to cry as a little girl when my brothers would smash lightening bugs so see the pavement glow. I respect all living things, and always have.

3. Sometimes I feel like my dog is the only person in the world who loves me for ME. Everything about me, he's cool with it all. I really don't know what I would do without my dog!
Me and Miki, the day we met.


4.  I've been a swimmer for almost 20 years..... crazy. It seems like yesterday I just started running, but I've been doing it for 6 years now. I am going into my 3rd year of triathlons/ cycling and caught that bug the minute I tried one. 



5.  My longest race to date is a 1/2 IronMan (70.3 miles). I am doing another one this summer. Hoping for a full IronMan (140.6) in 2013.



6. I have been a vegan since Thanksgiving Day 2010. I was vegetarian in high school but fell off the wagon in college. I finally stopped listening to everyone who told me "you can't be an athlete and a vegetarian," when I joined the Michelob Ultra running team. A lot of my teammates are vegetarians or vegans. They are all in crazy good shape and some of them run a marathon every month!! You definitely can and Should be a vegan if you are athlete. Best decision I have ever made regarding my lifestyle. 


7. I like to live by these words:
Remember, You can't take any "thing" to the grave.

Hope you learned something about me you didn't know :) More recipes and training updates coming soon!
-Em

No comments:

Post a Comment