That's a whole lot of YUM
Vegan HOT Wings
Cool Ranch and Sweet Potato Fries
- 1/2 c flour
- 1 tsp chili Powder
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 8 oz vegan ""wings" (seitan, vegan chick'n strips, or extra firm tofu)*
- 1/4 c vegan butter or margarine *
- 1-2 tbs coconut oil
- 1/4 c hot sauce *
- Combine flour, chili powder, garlic powder, and paprika in a medium sized bowl.
- Coat "wings" in flour mixture and refrigerate for 1 hour- or as long as it takes for you to prep the fries and get 'em going :)
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook "wings" for about 15 minutes.
- Heat margarine and hot sauce separately on low until warm. Stir together.
- Coat the cooked "wings" with the hot sauce/margarine mixture and TA-DA!
* For the "wings" I have used Upton's Naturals Seitan from Food Fantasies as well as tofu. I prefer the seitan as far as texture goes. You just have to be careful not to let it crumble when you are cooking it! BOTH taste great though :)
*For margarine/butter I use Smart Balance Light
* For hot sauce I use Franks Hot Sauce
Cool Ranch Dip
- 1 c vegan mayonnaise*
- 2-3 tbs milk substitute*
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Combine all ingredients and refrigerate for 1 hour. BAM. Pure epicness.
* For mayo I used Earth Balance from Food Fantasies
*For milk sub I always use unsweetened almond milk. Also, if you want it to be more of a dip, only use 2 tbs. If you want to use it as a dressing rather than a dip, use 3 tbs!
Sweet Potato Fries
- sweet potatoes-- as many as your little <3 would like
- olive oil
- sea salt
- corn starch (optional)*
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Slice sweet potatoes into desired size.
- Spread evenly onto a baking pan. Sparingly drizzle with oil and mix 'em up using your hands.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then flip 'em over and bake another 10-15 minutes. TA-DA
*If you want your fries CRISPY you will need the corn starch and follow this the recipe at the blog The Art of Doing Stuff. I have made them this way and they def turned out bomb---although there is a lot more prep time to consider.
Well, I'm about to head out for a 1.5-2hr run considering the sun is actually out :) And the temps are above freezing-- I don't think I know what state I live in anymore...
Hope you all have a FANTASTIC weekend!